- Remove any existing Tomcat 7 installation.
- Download Tomcat 7 from here, the 32-bit/64-bit Windows Service Installer is the easiest solution.
- Double click on the Windows Service Installer.
- Follow the screen instructions.
Creating An Administrator ProfileIn order to access the manager console of Tomcat, one needs to create a administrator profile. See the bottom of this post for details.
Starting Tomcat As A ServiceTo start Tomcat 7 as a service:
- Open the control panel
- Select view by: Large Icons
- Select Administrative Tools
- Click on the Service Shortcut (eventually right-click and run as administrator if there are permission issues)
- Select Apache Tomcat 7
- Right-click to Start/Stop/Restart